B.S., B.A., M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
20 years teaching middle school and high school math.
Professional Outlook: I enjoy helping my students see that math has a place in their lives, and that they can be successful.
Personal: I enjoy cooking, reading, skiing, the beach and anything that involves spending time with my dog.
B.S., M.Ed., Admin; Certificate in Equity & Urban Education
As Primary Instructor:
- EDUU 9345: Yours, Mine and Ours
- EDUU 9349: Creating Culturally Responsive Lesson Plans
- EDUU 9868: Teaching Life's Essentials-Compassion
- EDUU 9869: Teaching Life's Essentials - Curiosity
- EDUU 9870: Teaching Life's Essentials-Growth Mindset
- EDUU 9871: Teaching Life's Essentials-Inspiration
- EDUU 9872: Teaching Life's Essentials - Resilience
- EDUU 9873: Teaching Life's Essentials-Tolerance
- EDNU 9984: Creating an Inclusive Classroom Environment
- EDUU 9987: Teaching Life’s Essentials - Happiness
38 years in K-12 and post-secondary education, AVID teacher, Path Specialist, Multicultural Specialist.
AVID staff developer, Equity trainer, REACH facilitator, Equity/TitleIX/Section 504 Compliance, Officer.
My goal is to support teachers as they strive to become more culturally responsive in order to meet the diverse needs of their students.
I enjoy writing, painting, ATV’ing, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities.
Dr. Shawn Watters
B.S. Speech Pathology and Audiology, Kent State University; M. Ed. Special Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood, Kent State University; Ed. D. Educational Leadership with a cognate in Special Education and Early Childhood Teacher Preparation, Ashland University
As Primary Instructor:
M. Ed. Special Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood, Kent State University; Ed. D. Educational Leadership with a cognate in Special Education and Early Childhood Teacher Preparation, Ashland University
P-12 Schools, 9 years
- Self-contained special education; Higher Education, 20 years
- Early Childhood Teacher Preparation, undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Special Education Teacher Preparation, undergraduate and graduate coursework
- School Counseling, graduate coursework
Dr. Shawn Watters’ professional mission is to “Inspire lifelong learning in others with trust, integrity and joy.”
Dr. Shawn Watters’ personal interests include her family, traveling, reading, cycle class, and supporting others’ growth and aspirations