Weave technology into your classroom curriculum so that your students can thrive in a digitally connected world.
Every teacher’s current use of technology to best facilitate student learning is unique. Provided with varying levels of technology resources and training to infuse technology into classroom curriculum and delivery, teachers may feel they are not successfully meeting the needs of their digital learners. Using ISTE Standards as guidance points, this course will assist in the development, delivery and growth of a tech-infused teacher-guided curriculum that supports and encourages student engagement. The course theme recognizes that technology is not the maker of successful students but that technology when woven into a teacher-guided environment, can seamlessly assist all student in becoming successful, responsible learners ready to thrive in a digitally connected world.
The course will also engage participants in use of proven and emerging online tools, apps, instructional lessons, planning and in creating learner-driven activities that leverage the digital student’s affinity with technology tools and usage.
This course will give students opportunity to:
• Identify and evaluate use of all teacher and student technology-based tools, apps, connectivity, facilities and resources currently available in and out of their classroom
• Discover and evaluate technology tools and online resources that support curriculum standards and objectives
• Produce and share a variety of technology-based activities and products
• Understand the importance of a teacher’s facilitating role to successfully weave technology into curriculum
• Report and consider adaptation of authentic technology-infused learning activities that support CC, ISTE and other nationally recognized educational standards
• Use course-based forums and folders to peer share products and classroom tech-based management strategies.
• Create short and long-term goals to develop and sustain meaningful technology-rich curriculum for students
Course Relation to Professional Standards This course aligns to:
• The National Board for Professional Teaching Standard’s in the following propositions: o Proposition 1: Teachers Are Committed to Students and Their Learning
• Proposition 3: Teachers Are Responsible for Managing and Monitoring Student Learning
• Proposition 4: Teachers Think Systematically About Their Practice and Learn from Experience
• Proposition 5: Teachers Are Members of Learning Communities
• The International Society for Technology and Education Teacher and Student Standards.Get Syllabus Ask a Question Register Now
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
“My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers.”
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.