Discover how developing strong Motor Skills and sensory integration can benefit your students’ ability to learn.
Discover how developing strong Motor Skills and sensory integration can benefit your students’ ability to learn. Reflect on your teaching environment and create a plan to implement fine motor activities and a balanced sensory diet. You will conduct your own research and leave this course with practical ideas that are ready to be implemented in your classroom.
This course will give student opportunity to:
• Understand the development of motor skills.
• Explore activities that can be integrated into your classroom.
• Discover how we use our senses to understand the world around us.
• Reflect on the amount of sensory integration used in your current teaching.
• Explore different ways that elementary teachers can provide the appropriate tools for learning through our senses.
• Develop a plan for implementing sensory integration into our daily lessons and activities.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
Standard I: Using Knowledge of Child Development to Understand the Whole Child
Standard II: Partnering with Families and Communities
Standard VI: Managing the Environment for Development and Learning
Standard VII: Planning for Development and Learning
Standard VIII: Implementing Instruction for Development and LearningGet Syllabus Ask a Question Register Now