Years of research on the brain has shown us that emotions play a key role in learning. Learn the science connecting emotion to learning while discovering how to utilize it to improve student motivation.
Years of research on the brain has shown us that emotions play a key role in learning. Learn the science connecting emotion to learning while discovering how to utilize it to improve student motivation. Discover strategies that will activate learning, captivate attention, and foster student brain networks in order to stimulate memory and intrinsically engage all students.
The Key to Motivation and Learning requires one book entitled, Engage the Brain: How to Design for Learning That Taps into the Power of Emotion by Allison Posey. This book must be purchased separately and can be found at www.amazon.com
After completing the course The Key to Motivation and Learning, you will demonstrate or indicate
• How to use emotions to activate learning in students.
• Knowledge of how to utilize the UDL Framework to design for variability in your curriculum.
• How to create classroom environments that foster the brain networks to highlight learning.
• The ability to captivate student attention.
• How to design curriculum that utilizes student emotions to improve memory.
• The importance of flow and self-determination theory in building intrinsic motivation in students.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the following professional teaching standards:
• Engaging and Supporting all Students in Learning
• Creating and Maintaining Effective Environments for Student Learning
• Understanding and Organizing Subject Matter for Student Learning
• Planning Instruction and Designing learning Experiences for all StudentsGet Syllabus Ask a Question Register Now
Ryan PickettB.A., M.S. in Counseling Clinical School Psychology
K-12 School Psychologist 20+ years.
Collegiate Professional Development Coordinator, Developer, and Instructor 16+.
“I take pride in helping educators enhance student learning while bringing passion into their classrooms.”
Ryan loves spending time with family and friends, especially outdoors. His favorite activities include snowboarding, golf, and hiking.