Expand your energy and mental capacity while teaching and living! You will assess your current lifestyle, learn health and wellness skills, and apply what you’ve learned to create your personalized plan for health and wellness.
This course supports the notion that creating and maintaining health and wellness is a skill that can be learned and sustained. The course will prepare teachers with appropriate information that will result in a fitness plan designed to fit their own lifestyle.
In this course participants will have the opportunity to:
- Reflect on your current health status
- Understand the harmful effects of hydrogenated oils, and preservatives contained in many foods.
- Learn the importance of hydration for cognitive and physical performance
- Explore foods that enhance brain function
- Analyze current popular diets and their purpose and effects on the human body
- Examine the importance of sleep for physical and mental health
- Identify current life situations that may create anxiety and stress
- Learn the five components of health-related fitness
- Create a health and wellness plan that will improve your being and inspire your students
Matt HeglieB.S., M.S. Kinesiology
K-12 Public Schools and Collegiate level, 13+ years.
Matt is passionate about cutting edge curriculum and pedagogy.
His primary purpose is helping other teachers reach their personal and professional goals.
Matt’s personal interests are family, outdoor adventure, and exercise science.